You know you’re a fire fighter family when:
- Your kids can only count on a calendar with rotations of A,B and C.
- You correct your friends when they say, “look at the fire truck; and you reply that’s not a fire truck it’s an engine.”
- Your entire families wardrobe consist of Station T-shirts.
- You have to drive by new fire houses in a new town.
- You make sure and find the exits when in stores or at hotels.
- You can tell the difference between the sirens.
- You realize holidays are no longer dates on the calendar, its when you get to spend time together.
- You have nicknames for everyone.
- You have to wait to tell your story 4 different times when they are on shift.
- Your children tell you to follow the lights when their dad is going on a call.
- You still have the structure fire smell after the second shower.
- You always are the first one finished at the family meal.
- You now know there’s more drama in a firehouse than a sorority.
T. Brown, Denver Fire Fighter